Grow Your Faith
Have you ever questioned how to grow your faith since your Baptism, First Holy Communion, Confirmation, and for some of us, Holy Matrimony? What do we believe in? Why does the Catholic Church teach certain things? What does the Bible teach us and what can we learn from it today?
- There are many opportunities to grow and learn more our faith. One of them is our ongoing Bible Study series. These series are easy to follow and are offered during the year. Keep a lookout for upcoming Bible Studies in our weekly bulletin and just try it out.
- Attend a “Bible in a Year Study Group” offered monthly.
- Cursillo Weekend. Cursillo gives Catholic men and women in our parish an extraordinary opportunity to grow in their relationship with our Lord, while at the same time being accompanied by others sharing this path towards a stronger faith. To learn more about Cursillo, contact Rick Hoffman at email@example.com
- For more resources on how to grow your faith, attend retreats, go on pilgrimages, visit the Diocese of Joliet’s Office of Lifelong Lay Formation at https://www.diojoliet.org/web/catechesis-and-evangelization/adult-formation
- Be Formed – led by Fr. Burke Masters – is a 90-day discipleship experience for men and women that includes weekly videos, small groups, prayer, fellowship, and nights of reflection. Contact Jim Elias at (815) 221-6134 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Young Adults from 18-39 seeking to grow their faith, can connect with other young adults throught Samuel Group, VENITE Catholic Network, and World Youth Day 2023 at https://www.diojoliet.org/web/catechesis-and-evangelization/young-adult-ministry. To find an active young adult group, contact Jim Elias at (815) 221-6134 or email@example.com
- Subscribe to Fr. Burke Masters, “The Baseball Priest and Cubs Chaplain” blog at https://frburke23.wordpress.com/ and receive the daily readings and reflections.
- Find out what’s going on in our diocese by going to the Diocese of Joliet’s website at https://www.dioceseofjoliet.org
- Reflections on the daily readings for Mass are written by a group of devout, talented, volunteer writers who are loyal to the magisterium of the Catholic Church. Our very own parishioner, John Ciribassi, is one of the authors. Sign up here at https://www.acatholic.org/